Reward Yourself for Accomplishment and Achievement and Train Your Brain to Do the Same!

Posted by on | |

Would you like to accomplish and achieve more in your life? There are ways to do that, there are ways to motivate yourself without any help from anyone else. Yes, businesses do this all the time to help motivate their employees, but what if you don't have a boss? What if you are self-employed, what if you are retired, what if you are in school, or what if you are "other than" the breadwinner in your family?

Okay so there are some things that I have tried to help myself achieve more and accomplish more. Because I am self-employed, I don't have a boss telling me what to do, coaxing me to work harder, or trying to motivate me to help make him or her make more money. Therefore, I motivate myself, and I've come up with several strategies to help increase my performance even though there's no one around to tell me what to do. Let me explain one technique I use, I call this method; SRS or Self Reward Scheduling.

Perhaps you've used something similar yourself. Have you ever worked real hard, and achieved something, and then decided that you needed some way to celebrate? Well it's similar to that, but what I do is I breakdown a major achievement, accomplishment, or goal into several incremental pieces. After I achieve each piece, I reward myself in some way. Over the years, I've done quite a bit of writing online, and each time I write an article, I may reward myself with a slice of an Apple, a cold glass of fruit juice, a piece of chocolate, or something of this nature, always something good as to not develop bad habits.

After I complete five articles, I may have a small bowl of nuts, or healthy chips with salsa while continuing. After I complete 10 or 15 articles, I might reward myself by going to Starbucks. Sometimes, I tell myself that after I write two or three articles, I will read another section of the newspaper, since I love to stay up on the news, it motivates me to complete those articles so that I can go onto a more favorable task. Indeed, I might write an article, and then agree that I will allow myself to watch the financial news for 15 minutes.

Then, I learn more information, which I may use in future articles. By eating nuts, fruit, and other things which are good for me I am feeding my brain, which is helping me at my task. This works very good for me, and it is my way of micro-scheduling using a very simple and powerful tool of self rewards. Indeed I hope you will please consider all this, and try it for yourself. And I'd love to hear about your progress. Let me know how well it's working for you, maybe next time you can give me some of your tips.

Lance Winslow is a retired Founder of a Nationwide Franchise Chain, and now runs the Online Think Tank. Lance Winslow believes writing 23,444 articles by June 4, 2011 is difficult because all the letters on his keyboard are now worn off..


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment